How to add a setting of the form x.CategoriesTab to my website

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM
On 40FINGERS DotNetNuke NbStoreMenuManipulator installation for NB_Store the manufacturing company provides the following documentation:

"...

40FINGERS DotNetNuke NbStoreMenuManipulator

This component allows you to add the categories of your NB_Store webshop to your DotNetNuke website's menu.

Installation instructions

To install: install as any extension on DNN.

Usage
Add a setting named "FortyFingers.CategoriesTab" to your website. Make sure you choose "Website Page" as the type. Although not required, you might want to add it to the System.Tabs categoryMake sure your skin uses the DDR Menu skinobject for rendering the menu
Add the following attribute to the menu control in the skin:
NodeManipulator="FortyFingers.NbStoreMenuManipulator.NbStoreMenuManipulator,40Fingers.DNN.Modules.NbStoreMenuManipulator"This component will replace the tab selected in the setting (which is localizable) by the categories in the store. This way you will only need one productlist page, but can still have all categories in your menu.
Also, you can choose to have specific categories displayed on other tabs. To do this:
Create a setting named: manipulatorcatidontabid.text

Set the value for the new setting with semicolon separated references for each category that needs to be displayed on another tab:

first-categoryId>new-tabId;second-categoryId>other-tabId

for example: 3>155;4>162 The component will make no changes to the new tab. DNN Controls it's name and whether it's in the menu or not.

Releasenotes

Version 01.00.00: Initial version

Last edited Oct 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM by superska, version 2

..."

I do not understand what to do with Step 1 that read: "1. Add a setting named "FortyFingers.CategoriesTab" to your website. ..."

How can I do what they say?

Can anybody explain the following steps as well?

I do not the locations of the menu control in the skin
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
I will first say that I have not tried this module, however I believe that what is meant by "Add a setting named "FortyFingers.CategoriesTab" to your website" is relating to adding a setting in NB_Store.
  1. Go to your NB_Store Back Office (which us should have created on you web site)
  2. Select UTILITIES Tab
  3. Select SETTINGS Tab
    4.Click the "ADD" button to add a new setting
  4. Under Group I would suggest "Catalogue"
  5. Name: FortyFingers.CategoriesTab
  6. Click "UPDATE"
    8.Settings value will be a list as described of the category names
Hope this helps
Jul 30, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Technica, thank you so much for your reply:

I understand now what you mean, it is clear now with me, I followed what you did, but I have some clarifications requests:

The manufacturer states:
"....
Usage
Add a setting named "FortyFingers.CategoriesTab" to your website. Make sure you choose "Website Page" as the type. Although not required, you might want to add it to the System.Tabs categoryMake sure your skin uses the DDR Menu skinobject for rendering the menu
..."

They recommend two alternative setting definitions:

First Setting:
NB_Store Back Office -> UTILITIES Tab -> SETTINGS Tab ->"ADD" button to add a new setting -> Under Group "Catalogue" set FortyFingers.CategoriesTab to a Setting Value [I will ask about that setting later on]

You said: ".. I would suggest Group "Catalogue" .." ... not "System" Group.

[The manufacturer states: "... Although not required, you might want to add it to the System.Tabs category ..."
So:
Second Setting: (alternative? - rather yes)
NB_Store Back Office -> UTILITIES Tab -> SETTINGS Tab ->"ADD" button to add a new setting -> Under Group "System" set FortyFingers.CategoriesTab to a Setting Value [I will ask about that setting later on]

Which of the two to follow what is the difference ?

I guess you are suggesting the First alternative setting, right?

Answer on that one, please.

Then:

[The manufacturer states:
"...
Make sure your skin uses the DDR Menu skin object for rendering the menu
Add the following attribute to the menu control in the skin:
NodeManipulator="FortyFingers.NbStoreMenuManipulator.NbStoreMenuManipulator,40Fingers.DNN.Modules.NbStoreMenuManipulator"
..."

Let's say I'm using DNN's Gravity skin - in more detail 2-Col .aspx - I don't think there is any need to paste the contents of the file here.

Since I'm new in skinning, can you please indicate to me, at which exact part I should include the line:
NodeManipulator="FortyFingers.NbStoreMenuManipulator.NbStoreMenuManipulator,40Fingers.DNN.Modules.NbStoreMenuManipulator"

When the manufacturer says " ... menu control in the skin .." does he imply the 2-Col .aspx file?

And last:
The value that I need to set the Setting Value is the new Products Page that I need to create - i.e. the Products page that will contain the Products sub categories ?

More specifically, by using an example:
Let's say I'm creating a page called "Products:, should I select that page from the drop-down menu?

I would appreciate again your contribution to my issue.